Community Solar NY Program
Community-Solar is a New York State shared solar program which offers all utility customers the opportunity to switch to solar at no cost, with nothing on their roof or property, and receive immediate savings on their
Green Rain Solar has been working with New York State; the PSC, NYSERDA, Governor’s Office for the past 10 years, helping pass the Community-Solar legislation. Green Rain Solar Consulting has partnered with the leading roofless community shared solar providers, offering individual customers a seamless transition to automatic monthly savings.
Easy for Everyone
✓ Available to all New York utility customers – residential, business, nonprofit, and renters
✓ Nothing on your home or office building
✓ $0 upfront cost, $0 ongoing costs – ever
✓ Instant 15% to 25% savings on your electric bill 25+ years of savings
✓ Move to a location and the savings stay with you (as long as you move within the same utility zone)
✓ Optimally situated and fully maintained solar arrays for maximum power generation
✓ Internet and smart-phone monitoring to easily track performance and savings
How it Works
a. A solar farm is built on a “Host Site” roof top or ground mount, a remote location within a Utility Zone
b. The system is tied directly to the utility grid, bypassing any on-site meters
c. All of the power produced by the system can then be credited to any individual utility customer, at zero cost,
d. The savings will be credited to the individual customers bill for 20 years+
Become a Host Site
Allow Green Rain Solar to lease your roof space or land, secure;
• Minimum 50,000sqft of roof space
• 20 Year Lease Payment, annuity, approx. $30,000 per MW per year
• 4 Year Property Tax Abatement, up to $62,500 per year
• Possible NYC CEP rebate, up to $2.50 per sqft in a property tax abatement
• Up to a 15% credit on the property owner’s utility bill
• Up to a 15% credit on any utility bill which the property owner has, located within Coned territory
• Offer the same credit to your tenants
• Branding of the system, show the local community that you’re giving back through free marketing “The Property Owner, Community Solar System”, fantastic Free PR
• Receive Solar Tracking Software with a mounted screen at the property, have your customers see in real-time; how many Kwh are being produced, how much CO2 NO2 reduction and other environmental benefits
All of this for Zero Cost
How will the system effect mine and my tenant’s meters;
• Green Rain Solar installs a brand-new meter, which ties directly to the gird. The system will not affect any of your utility bills. The more meters you own throughout Coned, the more the property owner can start saving today.
Key Facts to Know
• Will there be holes in my roof?
No, the solar system will not “penetrate” the roof, no holes drilled in the roof. The system is known as “Ballasted’ which eliminate the need to drill holes. The base of the panels will have a cinder block, holding them down for wind lift code. The engineers and local code enforcement will decide which areas need the cinder blocks.
• Will this affect my roof warranty?
No, we will perform a site visit with the roofing manufacture to go over the material and current warranty, we will not build if the age of the roof is nearing its end of warranty. Solar actually helps the warranty of a roof, by limiting natural elements wear and tear.
• What if I need a new roof?
If you’re looking to replace the roof, we could look to subsidize the cost of the roof, in lieu of lease payments
• What’s the minimum roof size?
50,000sqft would be the minimum although we look at all properties as we could consolidate
smaller properties into a larger portfolio of systems, look to maximize the roof.
• What if I sell the building?
The lease is assignable to the new owner which would increase the property value due to increase rent roll. However, if the new owner does not want to keep the lease, then Staples or the new owner would need to pay an early termination fee.
20-year lease “annuity” will increase operating cash flow, increase NOI and give the ability to secure a loan at a higher value
✓ We would like the opportunity to review with you, your portfolio throughout Con Edison as well as NY State, see which properties are most ideal to become a host site, for Community Solar
✓ We will perform a feasibility study, at zero expense to you
✓ The feasibility study will include; site visit, speaking with the roofing contractor and manufacturer as well as the utility
✓ Once feasibility is completed, we will to present a lease option agreement and discuss becoming a Host Site
Please let us know if you have any questions, reach out anytime as we’re here to help.
This press release contains forward-looking information within the meaning of section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and is subject to the safe harbor created by those sections. This material contains statements about expected future events and/or financial results that are forward-looking in nature and subject to risks and uncertainties. That includes the possibility that the business outlined in this press release cannot be concluded for some reason. That could be as a result of technical, installation, permitting or other problems that were not anticipated. Such forward-looking statements by definition involve risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Green Stream Finance, Inc. to be materially different from the statements made herein. Except for any obligation under the U.S. federal securities laws, Green Stream Finance, Inc. undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.